Mae and I

Mae and I

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Dear fall, it's time to come and stay this time.

This week was crazy. 
Monday- class
Tuesday- funeral
Wednesday- class
Thursday- back to school night
Friday - exhausted. 
+ working full time. 


Last night, I met some great friends at Jackson's in Reston Town Center to decompress about the week's event over a bottle of wine (or two :) ). I came home before midnight to crash. 
Being out in the town center in the muggy September night made me long for some fall weather and fashions. This weather has been so wacky and unpredictable. I need fall! Changing leaves, sweaters, football games, dark denim designer jeans, scarves and boots. Now, this is a lot of admit as I am one who usually wears flip-flops all year round, at least until the first snow. That being said, I also love boots - from Uggs to my Sperry rain boots to the amazing Sam Edelman 'Pierce' Over the Knee boots (left) that I bought last year. I have been searching for black leather boots but have yet to fall head over heels for any because I have had a hard time finding a black leather boot that doesn't make me 1- look like a pirate or 2- look like a biker chick. Walking through Nordstrom today, the Frye boot gods must have heard my prayer because I look over and see (aahhhhh) a pair of the most gorgeous black leather boots. The Frye Melissa Button Boot (right). My wonderful mother treated me to them for an early Birthday treat. 


Lots of work to get done before next weekend. The big birthday celebration in Atlantic City is on deck! Woot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment