Mae and I

Mae and I

Monday, September 26, 2011

La cucaracha

So as I was happily back to work on this Monday and teaching my young teen aged minds. During the first block, I proceed to walk around the rows in my classroom (as I always do) when my sandal gets caught on one of my student's backpack (as they always leave them in the isle). All of the sudden, two giant CUCARACHAS start dancing across my classroom floor. SICK. You would think after the numerous bug-incidents in Costa Rica I'd be better prepared for this...nope. 


Do you know what a cucaracha is? Most people know the song, but I'm not sure they know it's about one particular kind of bug. Be carefully when looking for the song, as there are two versions.

A School Friendly Version:
SpanishEnglish
La cucaracha, la cucaracha,The cockroach, the cockroach,
ya no puede caminarcan't walk anymore
porque no tiene, porque le faltabecause it doesn't have, because it's lacking
las dos patitas de atrĂ¡s.the two little feet from the rear.


& a marijuana "laced" version. PUN-INTENDED ba ha ha. Clearly, I taught my students the first version. :)


SpanishEnglish
La cucaracha, la cucaracha,The cockroach, the cockroach,
ya no puede caminarcan't walk anymore
porque no tiene, porque le faltabecause it doesn't have, because it's lacking
marihuana que fumar.marijuana to smoke.



No comments:

Post a Comment