Mae and I

Mae and I

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Party in the USA

This morning, I woke up feeling brand new and I jumped up feeling my highs, and my lows...ok, enough of old Talib Kweli songs. But I really did have one of those mornings! I have to first say, I love-love-loved Costa Rica, but I am 100% over-the-moon happy to be home. It made me start thinking of why I love the USA, so I wanted to write it down all the things that got me super excited to be home before I start taking it for granted again. :)
1.) My puppy! My glorious, purebred, groomed, well-fed, spayed and not stray dog (the dogs in Costa Rica were the mangiest of things)
2.) MY JEEP that I drive on paved roads, but can offroad if need be (the roads in CR were dirt & had crater-sized potholes)
3.) My IPHONE & 3G service (wifi was readily available at 90% of the places, but it wasn't the same)
4.) Down pillows, comforters, pillow-top mattresses, Egyptian cotton sheets...etc. (the linens in CR weren't the same...)
5.) Not having the need to put barbed wire around my house (which was around everything in CR. Apparently, if it's not bolted down or outlined in barbed wire, it's stolen.)
7.) Days like today where you can drive around blasting B.Spears, sunroof open & huge designer sunglasses on (the 20c bus was clean & easy to use but it's just not the same)
8.) mani/pedis 
God bless the USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment